Pecan Mango Muffins
Make 9 muffins
Prep time: 45 minutes
2/3 Cup Green Banana Flour
2/3 Cup Rice Flour
2/3 Cup Arrow Root Flour
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp ground cardamom powder
1/4 tsp ground clove powder
55 grams dates soaked preferably
2/3 cup coconut
1/2 tsp bicarbonate
1/2 tsp himalayan crystal salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 large not quite ripe mango cheek, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup coconut oil(oil of choice)
1/3 cup coconut nectar
1/4 cup coconut 11/2 cup water
1. Heat skillet on med/high heat for 3 minutes. Add 1/3 cup coconut Swirling the coconut around in the pan to avoid burning heat until it goes golden. Then remove from heat quickly and Set aside
2. Mix or sift Flours(green banana, rice flour, arrowroot), bicarbonate, baking powder, salt, and spices in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Blend 1/4 cup coconut and 1 1/2 cup water in blender until it becomes unified
4. Add dates, and oil to "coconut milk" Blend again until smooth.
5. Hand mix eggs with blender liquids in a separate mixing bowl, or add the eggs to the blender and blend gently for 30 seconds
6. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix just enough for consistency.
7. Add mango chunks and toasted coconut to the mixture and fold togeher.
8. Spoon into muffin tins/cups filling 3/4 full.
9. Top with Pecans
10. Bake in Oven for 15-20 minutes. They are done when you the middle of the muffin springs back if you gently touch it.
When baking there is always room for personalizing your muffin experience to preference or for dietary considerations. I used to do most of my baking without eggs. Now that we are gifted fresh eggs from our amazing family chooks daily, I tend to use them more. In this recipe you can easily use an egg alternative if that is what you fancy. Next options is milk. I make coconut milk in this recipe, however you can use the milk of your choice. Coconut oil can also be substituted for another oil, or ghee.